Sunday, March 20, 2011

Russian Tea Cookies

My family also calls these snowball cookies, probably because they look like little snowballs and we always had them at Christmastime. But I guess the official name for the cookies are Russian tea cookies. My Aunt Marilyn gave me my Grandma's handwritten recipe while I was home for the holidays; it was like receiving a little heirloom.

Russian Tea Cookies:

INGREDIENTS:
1 C. butter or margarine
1/2 C. powdered sugar
2 1/2 C. flour
1 t. vanilla
3/4 C. chopped walnuts or pecans

DIRECTIONS:
Blend the ingredients together well. Form into 1" balls and bake at 350 degrees for 13-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and roll the cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool completely and roll in powdered sugar again.

***This can be vegan if made with the margarine or EarthBalance (I used EarthBalance in my last batch; tasted great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment