Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bread From a Mix!

I have a couple bread recipes that I make from scratch but I found this bread mix at Big Lots for a little bit cheaper than Whole Foods would sell it for.

It's Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix. (I love Bob's oatmeal and flaxseed meal.) Now, I don't need to be gluten or wheat free but the idea of a cinnamon raisin bread mix intrigued me so I bought it.

I was able to make this bread recipe vegan by substituting the eggs with Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal (which I also bought at Big Lots). Mix one tablespoon flaxseed meal with three tablespoons water and let sit for a couple minutes. Since you need two eggs for this bag of bread mix, simply double it.

The bread turned out perfectly. It rose perfectly and baked perfectly. I was kind of unsure if the flaxseed meal substitution would work but it did...perfectly.

I liked that I could use a hand mixer for this mix and simply pour it into one 9x5 loaf pan to let it rise. Very uncomplicated and less messy than my own bread recipes. Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment