Monday, March 12, 2012

Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I had two bananas that were moving to that overly ripe stage, and I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if I can find a vegan recipe combining peanut butter and bananas." Commence some "Googling" and I found this. The original recipe (link at the bottom) included a glaze for the muffins but I skipped that; it sounded like too much sweetness.

Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

INGREDIENTS:
4 black bananas
1/2 C. smooth peanut butter
1/4 C. vegetable oil
1/3 C. boiling water
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t.baking powder
1/2 t. salt (optional--salt in the PB covers it)
1 t. cinnamon

PREPARATION:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line or grease muffin tins. Mash bananas with the oil, peanut butter, and boiling water. Sift sugars, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.  Gradually spoon into banana mixture. Pour batter into muffin tins. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be extracted clean. Cool for five minutes. Remove from muffin tin.

***Original recipe found here: Chew The Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment