Monday, June 11, 2012

The third thing I baked in my new place....

I got this recipe from VegNews. After making some whole wheat bread in the bread maker and some vegan molasses bread (from Vegan Planet), I made these yummy vegan treats. They reminded me of the dessert hummus I've made previously.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini-Muffins

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 C. quick-cooking oats
1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 T. applesauce
1 1/2 T. vegetable oil
1/2 T. vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. vegan chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini-muffin tin(s). In a food processor, combine oats, garbanzo beans, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt, baking powder and brown sugar until completely smooth. Mix in chocolate chips and scoop dough into muffin tins. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Let cook 10 minutes (at the most) before removing from muffin pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment