Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Choose Enterprise. They'll Pick You Up.

I often use Enterprise Rental Cars when I travel. Best customer service and experience with competitive rates. Have never had a problem until yesterday when I had a not-so-great experience with a local office here in Nashville. After making a reservation online on Monday, I called the office to schedule a "We'll Pick You Up" ride. All was set, or so I thought.

Tuesday noon rolled around. 12:15. No pick-up. So I called and they had no record of the scheduled pick-up. And the courtesy car was out on another pick-up. It would be an hour before they could be there. Which is when I needed to be on the road to Knoxville.

So, that office called another local office (equidistant to my house but further from I-40 East). That office had a car for my reservation and could pick me up. Nice. But they arrived shortly after 1 p.m. so the change of office probably didn't matter at that point.

After getting to the second location, I had another wait until a rep could pull up my reservation. Oye. Clock ticking to my drop-dead time of 1:30 to be on the road. The rep got the paperwork processed, took me to the car and found that it was dirty. She didn't want to give me a dirty car (nice!) but the car she did give me had only a half tank of gas. What a comedy of errors! I made it to Knoxville (barely) on the half tank and made it in time, thankfully.

I returned the car this morning and when the rep Melissa Mink (who wasn't there yesterday) asked about my experience, I explained what all happened. She took 50 percent off my rental fee straightaway. It was the perfect resolution to my trouble the day before without my even having to ask for it. Way to go! I feel like I can continue to sing their praises.

Also, the Twitter feed @enterprisecares also responded quickly to a tweet I made about the missing pick-up and asked for information regarding the reservation. I emailed the information before I left to return the car this morning. I "tweeted" about good experience as I was leaving the office and they replied to the email quickly saying that they saw things had been resolved. My faith has been restored in the customer service of Enterprise...except in the Donelson, TN office.

No comments:

Post a Comment