Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Can't Stop!

More pumpkin! I opened a can of pumpkin for that Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast and then had to find some ways to use the remainder of the can. I went here this morning....

Vegan Pumpkin Muffins:

INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 C. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg (ground or freshly grated)
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground allspice
1/8 t. ground cloves
1 C. pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
1/2 C. soy milk (I used unsweetened original almond milk)
1/2 C. vegetable oil
2 T. molasses

PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil and molasses. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
***This made 12 regular size muffins and then 12 mini muffins, at least in the size tins I have.
***I found this recipe by Isa Chandra here: The Post Punk Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment