Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Morning After... Cookies From Halloween Candy

So I had some trick-or-treaters last night. Always fun to see kids dressed up. But what to do with the leftover candy. I can't have this in my house. I searched for a recipe using Hershey Cookies & Cream candy bars. I found this....

My version








Cookies and Cream Brownie Cookies:

INGREDIENTS:
4 1/4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 C. butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 t. baking soda
2 1/4 C. flour
2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
12 oz. Hershey's Cookies and Cream candy bar (three 4 oz. bars)
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Place unsweetened chocolate and butter in saucepan over low heat while stirring constantly. Once melted, add in espresso granules and stir to combine. Set aside. Place eggs, sugar, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix to combine until glossy about 1-2 minutes. Fold in a slightly cooled chocolate mixture.

Place flour and unsweetened cocoa powder in a bowl and whisk to combine. Fold dry mixture into wet mixture until combined. Add chopped cookie & cream candy and chocolate chip to batter and fold to combine.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

***For 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate substitute, use 3 T. cocoa and 1 T. butter.
***I skipped the mini chocolate chips because I didn't have them.
***Orignal recipe here: Bakers Royale

No comments:

Post a Comment