Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Bought an Ice Cream Maker

I bought an ice cream maker at Costco and now my life will never be the same. Now I can make vegan ice cream and sorbets for much less than the $7 a pint of non-dairy ice cream that the grocery store charges.

My most recent deliciousness was a fresh peach sorbet with peaches that I bought at the farmer's market. It went something like this...

Fresh Peach Sorbet:

INGREDIENTS:
5 peaches, peeled (about 2 cups pureed)
1/2 C. sugar
2 t. lemon juice

PREPARATION:
Peel the peaches by soaking in boiling water for 45 seconds then 1 minute in an ice bath. Peach skin will easily come off. Add peaches to blender and puree. Add sugar to saucepan with small amount of pureed peaches. Over medium heat, melt sugar into puree. In a separate bowl combine sugar/peach mixture with remainder of peach puree and add lemon juice. Chill mixture in refrigerator until cold, then add to ice cream maker and mix for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment