Thursday, June 17, 2010

Washington D.C. Day 4

Today...more museums! Today was art day with time at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden and the National Portrait Gallery. I was going to do the Art Ventures art walk but there was not a subway stop out that way. So I got frozen yogurt and wandered back home past the Capitol Building, snapping a few more pictures as I went.

I really enjoyed the modern art of Hirshhorn. The Yves Klein exhibit was great. At the National Portrait Gallery, I mainly went to see the American Presidents exhibit. It's amazing how many presidents you forget about, like John Tyler, the "accidental president."

Presidents included below: Andrew Jackson, since I live down the street from his home The Hermitage, Abraham Lincoln cuz he's Abraham Lincoln, Gerald R. Ford because he's from my hometown Grand Rapids, and Richard Nixon because the painting was done by Norman Rockwell, which was unexpected.

Pictures:













No comments:

Post a Comment