Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Washington D.C. Day 9

My last day in D.C., but no pictures.

I visited the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. The Holocaust exhibit was three floors of artifacts and video. The eyewitness accounts and all the artifacts hit you in the face. The exhibit The Power of Nazi Propaganda was also quite powerful as you learned about all the parts of the Nazi propaganda machine. Seeing the video of Hitler's speeches showed how he was so convincing.

I also stopped by the National Gallery of Art to see the Allen Ginsberg photograph exhibit. The photographs with his inscriptions gave more insight into his world. It was really interesting and a great combination of words and art.

To wrap up my night I went to the Gala Theatre in Columbia Heights for a screening of "Call + Response" about modern day slavery. For more information go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment